Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week Six

Observations: This week I have been able to see how Mr. A acts around a different class than the one I'm normally with. It is funny because this different class is so different than my class! They are more reserved and do not have as strong personalities. It may be since I have only been around this class twice. I have noticed how Mr. A slightly changes the way he acts around these kids to accommodate the less outgoing group. I think that this quality to act depending on the type of class you have is crucial to bonding and communicating with your class well.
Also this week, this class that I do not usually see had math game club with the first graders. My 5th graders seem so young to me but its funny to see how they don' view themselves as young. They become like young adults when interacting with the 1st graders, its makes them feel responsible and I think it teaches them a great lesson to be role models for the younger kids.

Learning Experiences: The two days I went to field experience this week I was able to work one on one with the kids. It is something that I usually do not get to do. It's different than teaching the entire class at once because when i can speak with each individual I can figure out what they are struggling with and how I can help them. It feels great to help a struggling kids finally understand something and I can see how fulfilling teaching can be.

Reflections: I can not believe that there are only two weeks of field experience left. I have loved being apart of an elementary school again. There is always so much excitement, it's contagious! Being able to start my day at Oak Pointe every other day is so much fun! I feel like I have connected with the students by now so that it'll make it so hard to leave.

Stories: I've been recently finding out that I know a lot of the kids' older siblings or parents! It's too cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment