Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week 7

Observations: Monday there was a sub in the class for about 45 minutes while Mr. A was in an IEP meeting. It was good to experience how the kids acted without the main authority in the room. Wednesday was my observation day and I felt prepared. I made up a worksheet to practice what Mr. A and I have been teaching them. They loved that I included their names in the math problems. I did mess up once during the formal observation just because I knew this lesson was for a grade. But regardless it is always fun to go in front of my class and teach them.

Learning Experiences: The day the sub came was a new experience since Mr. A never misses school. It was exciting that Mr. A left me in control of the class while the sub was there as supervision. I was able to teach them a short math lesson on my own and they practiced the concept in their workbooks. It was not too difficult to control them. They were well behaved but when things started to get a little rowdy all I had to say was quiet down or else there will be more math problems for them to work.

Reflections: My kids new that when Mrs. Jackson was coming that I was going to be graded. They were all so sweet and they told me that they would be extra quiet. After I finished I got hugs and they told me that I did such a good job. They are the absolute sweetest. They do not know that my last day is coming up and I do not want to have to tell them. Luckily I will be back on the 16th of May for an entire day!

Stories: No stories to really tell but it was a great week and I am so sad there is only one week left.

No comments:

Post a Comment