Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week Four

Observations: I have noticed that the kids are finally understanding my schedule. I think they have noticed the pattern and made sense of that more so than my countless attempts at an explanation. They can not relate to A or B days so they have no clue what I am talking about. But now whenever I leave, the ones that have caught on always say see you....insert next day I come. They are such smart sweet kids. I love being able to go to the class every other day.
Learning Experiences: This week I had a few more opportunities than normal to experience what it is like as a teacher besides interacting and teaching the kids. While the kids were map testing I helped Mr. A with organizing papers to prepare for a math club he does after school. I also graded papers and checked homework. I really enjoy the variation of work Mr. A has me do. I feel like Mr. A is giving me a great opportunity to see what all different aspects of being a teacher is like.
Reflections: Being in a class where one of the students has autism is extremely eye-opening. I have never had to deal with something like that before, it gets me thinking a lot. This child's father comes in everyday to check on his son. It makes me sad when this student does not follow directions or do his work because it makes his father so concerned. His father's desire for him to do well is inspirational  But this child is so lucky to have a dad dedicated to his success. I don't see how to handles it, I know I would not be able to.
Stories: One little girl in the class came up to me and asked me when my birthday was. When I told her it was January 18th a huge smile light up her face and she squealed  "Oh my gosh Ms. S has the same birthday as me!" I'm not positive if  we indeed share the same birthday or not but regardless it was too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment